Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Untitled

I can't even put into words the emotional roller coaster of today. I was so thrilled to have "EXCELLENT!" bloodwork and to be officially pregnant. After months of prayer and waiting.


Then, an hour later, I was crushed to learn that my sweet friend is at the end of her life. There are no words . . .


She sent me a card the week of the embryo transfer saying she was praying for us and that things would work out. I'm so glad I was able to tell her, among other important things, the good news today. Her prayers were part of the many that carried us through . . .


I have lived the cycle of life today. I experienced the indescribable joy of new life. I have grieved the end of life. And the meeting of the two was painfully bittersweet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mare! I'm SO excited for you, but my heart breaks for you as you grieve your friend. Oh my! I'm thinking of you. This is never an easy experience . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers are with your heart! Love you!

    ReplyDelete