Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jeremiah 29:11

I love this verse:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

The one thing I'm learning once again is that God is the one declaring He has plans for me--good plans. So far, God's plans for my life have been perfect, exactly what I needed and not neccesarily what I wanted.

I can think of several things I have said in the not-so distant past that are turning out to be not what I planned for my life:

(1) I've said to Chris many times since Noah was born, "God wouldn't give me multiples; I think He knows I can't handle it." Chris always responded with, "I wouldn't say that if I were you . . ." Indeed, what a crazy thing to say; I am now carrying multiples.

Baby A
Baby B
(2) I have said a zillion and one times that I would never drive a mini-van. Never. Ever. Not in a million years. Over the course of this week, we've had a lot of discussions about what we were going to do about a vehicle. There is no way our five-seat vehicles could fit three car seats and all the gear that accompanies those seats. We looked at some non-van 7-seaters and found them to be very impractical. The third row of seating is not accessible, and there is zero space for gear in them. Today, I had a huge reality check. Check out our new-to-us mini-van. Sigh.

I have to say that this vehicle--a Kia Sedona--is amazing in that it meets all of our needs. It is cheaper than my old car payment, it has the highest safety ratings of any van, it has a 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, it has seats that fold down for hauling massive amounts of belongings, it will fit three car seats quite comfortably, it's getting a DVD player installed next week, it has decent gas mileage, etc. Sigh. I wave my white flag of surrender . . .

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. Awe! Its the perfect color! Reminds me on of the happiest days of my life: Our Wedding! Love it! I think its perfect in every single way. You will be comfortable and happy!

    ReplyDelete