Monday, May 18, 2009

More on Today

I have to say that today was a roller coaster of emotion. I can't really explain it any other way. It was so exciting to FINALLY see our babies, and yet it was also sad to see the third sack basically empty. THEN, when we heard Baby B was small with a slower heart rate . . . I don't think we knew what to think or feel. Baby A is measuring great, but it was so hard to be fully happy about that.

Here is the rundown:

Baby A is measuring at 6 weeks 6 days, with a heart rate of 134 bpm.
Baby B is measuring at 6 weeks 1 day, with a heart rate of 121 bpm.

Now, the "controversy" begins when we start talking about how far along I actually am, and I think that is definitely a point to consider in all of this. Today, the resident told us I was 7 weeks. Our nurse Soonja told me on the phone I would be just over 6 weeks at today's ultrasound. The IVF due date calculator online has me at 6 weeks 5 days. ? Again, pretty frustrating.

We left being told that we for sure had twins. BUT Baby B was a wait and see. And they didn't assign the third sack a letter. SO . . . it's more waiting . . .

Anyway, here is a little video of today. Again, please pray for Baby B!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. love that video! Will pray...hope you're surviving EOG's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! Both beautiful babies are high on my prayer list, friend. I'm so in love with them already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie! I've been out of town, so I just read this! Congratulations! I remember that terror of - wait, one's bigger than the other. Kathleen was always smaller than Karissa. By the end, they were more than a pound apart in weight. So, I hope that's encouraging. I'm definitely praying for Baby B! AND for precious Baby A :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary - I can't imagine the mix of emotions you are feeling, but please know that I am praying for God's peace and that His mighty hand would work. I love the verse you quoted for Baby B - it made me start to cry! Congratulations on your babies - I'll be on the edge of my seat and on my knees until May 26th.
    XOXO,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mary - How exciting you are pregnant with two! I know there is still some disappointment for the third egg though. Our twins, while always close in size, NEVER measured the same either and were always separated by days. Maybe I should be thankful I was pregnant overseas and my doctor never made a big deal about that. I hope this encourages you!! I'm praying for BOTH babies!

    Oh, and around 11 weeks I had bleeding, went to the doctor, and he said there had been a third egg that never developed and this is what had caused the bleeding (I think it was with stopping the progesterone that allowed my body to release the third egg).

    Can't wait to see how your pregnancy progesses!

    ReplyDelete