Sunday, May 31, 2009

Puzzle Pieces

This is how we've decided to break the news to our parents: puzzles. Both of our moms love puzzles, so we figured this would be a fun way to inform them of our big news. We'll mail my mom's tomorrow, so it should be there Wednesday. Then, we'll give Chris' mom hers on Wednesday as she's leaving in the afternoon. I can't wait for their reaction--we think there's going to be some major shock and awe!
On the topic of puzzle pieces, I love seeing pictures of what our babies look like in utero and how all the "pieces" develop. Here is a 9-week-old baby, which is about where our twins are at this point:
1. Ear
2. Neck
3. Rib outlines
4. Liver
5. Cerebral hemisphere
6. Eye
7. Loops of intestine
8. umbilical cord
Isn't that amazing? I am always in awe about how quickly things develop--definitely explains my extreme exhaustion. Anyway, the picture is way magnified, and from what I've read, our twins are each about the size of a grape.
Stay tuned for parental reactions! And for details about our regular ob appointment tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I love the puzzle! I wish you could have a camera to show them putting it together and reacting!!! I wonder which side of the t-shirt they'll put together first--I hope they don't stop at "big brother." So fun!!!

    Thanks for sharing the grape-sized anatomy shot, too.

    LOVE you!

    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the development too. Hopefully you'll be getting some energy back soon...at least until they are born! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete