Thursday, May 14, 2009

Musings and Such

I can sum up the past two days in one word: FOOD. I feel like I have been eating NON-STOP. The problem I have is quite annoying--the minute I get hungry, I get nauseated. And there is nothing more frustrating than being starving and nauseated. My normal diet is totally out the window, and I'm trying (really hard) to embrace this change enthusiastically.

I'm craving things high in protein and salt, so my body must need those two things to help my baby(ies) grow. ??? I'm still exercising, so I hope it's enough to counterbalance the cheeseburger I just ate. Yes, cheeseburger. I haven't had a cheeseburger in I don't know how long. But I just had to have one tonight! I read that you're not supposed to eat more during the first trimester because it's not necesary, but I seriously don't know who wrote that and why. I'm hungry A LOT.

The one big praise I have right now is that I'm not nearly as sick as I was with Noah at this point. Not even close. On one hand, I'm so grateful that I can manage it and still function at an estimated 80% capacity. On the other hand, I kind of wonder why.

Is something wrong?

I know a lot of women--seven in my immediate surroundings--who have had miscarriages. And I can't help but try and be prepared for the possibility of that. One of my main fears is that Monday's ultrasound shows some kind of problem--no heart beat(s), no growth, etc. I can't even imagine how we'd cope . . .

For now, I'm going to continue to eat crazy amounts of nuts (and hopefully no more cheeseburgers) and meditate on this scripture:

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

2 comments:

  1. Just to encourage you. I only had three sick days with the girls - I remember them vividly because I went from fine to losing everything in my stomach the entire day. And I was sick constantly with Josh. Each pregnancy is totally different. And I've heard (and it was true in my case and my sister's case) that if you have children fairly close together each pregnancy can be a little easier on your body. So, I'm sure there's tons of people who would contradict that :), but just as a bit of encouragement my friend :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I can tell you're thinking a lot right now about things you can't control. I can only imagine what all this must be really like but I don't. I can only tell you are a strong women and God is taking care of you. He's you rescue and hero. He loves you and loves your family!! I love you and will be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete