Friday, June 12, 2009

OK

Sometimes, I know that things are going to be OK.
  • I'm going to come out of this fine--different but fine.
  • I'm not going to live on the verge of tears.
  • I'm going to be able to think about Baby A without feeling incomplete and sad.
  • I'm going to be able to look at Wednesday's ultrasound photos without feeling crushed.
  • I'm going to answer the emails, messages, and phone calls that have been so encouraging and very much appreciated and needed.
  • I will be able to believe Chris' sincere, "It's not your fault."
  • I will not feel so divided--my body is housing both death and life right now.
  • I will not feel so guilty for telling our families. My dad sent me an email that made this part a little more bearable. Here is part of what he said: I want to thank you and Chris for letting us share for a brief time the joy of your expecting twins. Personally, I would have been very hurt in not having that blessing. Exactly what I needed to hear . . .
  • I'm going to be able to plan for our single baby with joy.

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

~Psalm 27:13

1 comment:

  1. Tennessee and North Carolina have never felt so far from one another. I want to hug you so badly. LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete