Sunday, June 14, 2009

Glory Baby

Already, the existence of Baby B is fading fast from my body. The bump that began growing at six weeks is shrinking--I don't even look pregnant anymore. I guess it makes sense since 2/3 of the contents have/are disappearing. The nausea is lessening. The exhaustion is lifting. I'm starting to feel "normal" again physically. And "B" is disappearing . . .

We had dinner with friends last night. One of the two couples we were with didn't know about the pregnancy. Somehow, it came up, and the "Yes, I'm pregnant" conversation happened. Then, the questions about how I'm feeling, am I sick, etc. came up. It was sad to say out loud, "I'm starting to feel a lot better now." I know they probably thought I was crazy for not being happy/relieved or more excited about being pregnant, but I didn't have the energy to go through the whole story. This has to be the most conflicting, confusing experience ever.

Anyway, as much as this next part hurts to look at, I feel like I need to post it. They are Baby B's photos from the first ultrasound to Wednesday. We go back on the 24th for another ultrasound, but Baby B will probably be gone by then. Something about seeing the growth is cathartic--we really did have two growing babies. For that matter, at one point, we had three. Here is "B" and his/her amazing growth . . .

May 18, 2009

May 26, 2009


June 10, 2009


Glory Baby

by: Watermark

Glory baby, you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…
You were growing.
What happened, dear? You disappeared on us, baby…
Heaven will hold you before we do.
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you.

Sweet little babies, it’s hard tounderstand it ‘cause we’re hurting.
We are hurting.
But there is healing
and we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
All things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies and what they must sound like.
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…
all you'll ever know…

1 comment:

  1. "ALL things work together for our good And God works His purposes just like He said He would..." what a wonderful promise!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete