Monday, June 15, 2009

Love That Hovers

From my amazing sister . . .

I put this chair outside to use for the lizard shot. I received some heartbreaking news from my sister and went outside the same night to find this shot! The flowers had literally wrapped themselves around the chair. I felt at peace knowing my sister was the chair.


The following is an excerpt from Therese Thurston's (my mom's sister) book called Art Songs & Poetry:


For those whose life has been mowed over by trials,
The dark clouds refuse to depart.
Hang on old on to hope until it takes a life of its own.
This is time when old stuff does not make sense.
Old prayers no longer comfort.
This is time for new mercies.
Constant grace.
And love that hovers.

~Therese Thurston
I am so, so, so grateful to everyone who has called, emailed, messaged, etc. to offer us words of encouragement, love, and support. I even had one of my student's parents email me to say God put me on her heart and that she had been praying for me. I can't even put into words how amazing it is to know that God is the God who sees. He is a God of new mercies, constant grace, and a love that hovers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment, Mary. Thank you for sharing this blog :-) I had a feeling based on some of your Facebook updates that you might be expecting! As excited as I am for you, I know this is not easy. The loss of your babies is heartbreaking. And for you to feel joy and sorrow at the same time... I can't imagine.

    My prayers are with you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this photo! Always makes me feel you're safe and loved!!

    ReplyDelete