Friday, March 6, 2009

Soundbites.

I got a new prescription today and am hoping for a peaceful night's sleep. I really loved how the nurse who finally called me back told me (with a supercilious attitude) to take the pill at night with food. When I told her I was already doing that, she (reluctantly) offered to give me Yaz after saying and I quote, "Well, there's no guarantee that this isn't going to make you nauseous either." I. Know. Just. Give me. Something else. NOW.

I guess I can't expect people to understand that I've already done some thorough (Internet) research and have conducted an unscientific poll on how to handle this issue. I wanted to tell Nurse Mimi that calling her was a last resort and that I'm not "that girl" who calls over every little thing.
**A soundbite of my internal dialogue on the phone with Nurse Mimi who called while I was sharing space with a classroom of teenagers**
"I know what I'm doing, lady. Well, sort of . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment