Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dangerous

As promised, here is a quick glimpse of how I start my day. Isn't it romantic?

The rest of the day, I don't think so much about the process surprisingly. If I did, I might want to quit--I know what high estrogen does to me, I know how badly the progesterone shots hurt and literally cripple me, I know how long the two weeks until the pregnancy test feels, etc.

I think more about how the process' success will change us, our rhythm and routine. I guess that's the optimistic side of me, seeing as the papers we signed last week stated very clearly there are no guarantees. We both are guilty of hope--both kinds of hope I know of. One kind of hope: I hope for sunshine tomorrow. (In other words, "I want . . ."). Another kind of hope: I hope for heaven, a hope that will not disappoint.

If I'm totally honest, we say with our lips, "There are no guarantees." But, I don't think we truly believe that. At all. Our hope is of the not-disappointing strand. The dangerous strand.

All throughout my day, as I go through normal routines, I think about what the presence of another baby will mean for the routine: going to the gym, hitting the grocery store, loading up car seats, cooking, relaxing, etc. It will all take on a different form. We talk about how the house will be rearranged, what baby equipment we need to replace, etc. It's dangerous, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, this really touched my heart. I pray to understand as much as possible what all this much feel like and I have to say this is heart-felt. I know that your body, mind and heart are constantly being questioned with pain (shots) and hopes of reward. Your heart is human and your heart is in God's hand. God has amazing plans for your family.

    ReplyDelete