Tuesday, November 24, 2009

34 Week Update

I had my 34 week appointment today, which was uneventful. My iron is lower, so I have a stash of prescription iron pills and a list of iron rich foods to eat. I'm measuring right on track, Gabe's heart rate is perfect, and all is normal. Since we are traveling for Turkey Day, we had a discussion about what to do if something happens (ie--labor). Nothing probably will, but they gave me a copy of our records to take to the nearest ER just in case.

In some ways, I wish I hadn't gotten a copy. All the reminders of the heartache of the first half of this process are recorded in words and pictures. Looking at the dates, the notes, the most confusing picture of my life, "Twins" crossed out and "vanished" written--I can't explain it, but it still stings and brings tears to my eyes . . .

At the end of the day, however, I am thankful. I am thankful that we have a crazy almost-three-year-old. who is currently fighting his nap. I am thankful for the strong elbows and feet moving within. I am thankful for "boring" doctors appointments. I am thankful to be considered a huge success story in the realm of fertility treatment. I am thankful to have a husband who has held on (for dear life at times) to me and to the joy of new life. And I am even thankful for the hard days that have made the good days sing so much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment