Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Final Stretch

I can't believe my pregnancy is now full term. I was telling Chris that I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER, and he agreed, pointing out that we've been living this pregnancy for over a year. We started talking about a second try on our cruise last year, met with our amazing doctor at Duke in January, started the actual process after that, and then began the pregnancy.


To say that it feels surreal to be this close to the end of the pregnancy would be an understatement. I can't even imagine what our new life is going to look like, and I am anxious to get to know Gabe and his temprament. I wonder all the time if he's going to be like Noah, look like Noah, act like Noah, etc. and yet I know that he is a unique individual and will come with his own personality. I would be lying if I didn't confess that I hope and pray he has Noah's joy and enthusiasm about life and love of sleep!


At the same time, I find myself going back more frequently to thoughts of Gabe's twin. The loss still feels so close sometimes, and I'm wondering how this birth is going to feel in light of the loss . . .

What I do know is that his life is a precious gift that will bring us much joy. In spite of the questions I have about what he will look like, what his disposition will be, what his challenges will be, I know without a doubt that he will bring us much joy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment