Thursday, December 17, 2009

Any Day Now . . .

As the days continue to pass, Gabe's birth is getting closer and closer. His due date is 2 1/2 weeks away, so it really is only a matter of time now. I wanted to do a comparison post on this pregnancy vs. Noah's pregnancy while I'm still pregnant, so here goes:

*I am in much better shape with this pregnancy. I don't get winded unless I have to bend over and do something, ie scrub the bathtubs. A lot of the differences this time around are because I continued to exercise 5-6 days a week, so I definitely recommend exercise and pregnancy!

*The swelling has not been nearly as bad. I can still wear my rings and my normal shoes. Conversely, I still get cankles from time to time when I have to sit or stand for long periods of time.

*I have had a ton of contractions this time, and they started months ago. With Noah, I had zero until we showed up at the hospital.

*My skin has been really itchy this time. The veins in my belly are visible, and it looks like I have a bruise around my belly button.

*My joints feel pretty good. Last time, my left hip was incredibly painful toward the end, giving me the pregnancy-waddle. I do NOT waddle around! The only thing that's been frustrating lately is my groin muscle feels like it's going to give out at times. I had to cut out running altogether beginning last week as a result. I figured making it to 36 weeks and still being able to run was pretty good.

*I've been in nesting mode a lot longer this time around.

*The heartburn has been equally bad.

*My iron has been equally low.

*Neither Gabe nor Noah kept me awake at night or woke me up with movement. From what I remember, I think we see Gabe's limbs more than we did Noah's. It's pretty crazy to actually see a foot, leg, elbow, etc. move across my belly.

*I feel like I haven't been as tired this time around, and I think it's because I can't be tired with an almost-three-year-old. It's just not an option among his activities, our activities as a family, and work and home responsibilities. Chris is an amazingly AWESOME helper with all things Noah and domestic, so I think that's why I haven't been too burdened, even having a three-year-old this time around.

I think that's all . . .

Hopefully, Gabe will make his appearance soon. I didn't ever get to the point with Noah where I was ready to be DONE, and I'm not feeling that way this time either. I'm just ready to get the show on the road and really don't want to be in the hospital on/for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment