Thursday, February 19, 2009

For my first-born . . .

2/19/09
To my baby boy,
I've thought and prayed a lot about what a brother or sister will mean to you and how your life will change. Today, I am praying that you will be the proud big brother, the supportive little helper you already are, and the relaxed, resilient boy I know you to be! It will be a big change for all of us, but a change that will enrich all of us. Your daddy and I talked last night. We imagined the worst: our hearts are broken because your brothers/sisters don't survive for whatever reason. That our years of creating life end in tragedy. Guess what we determined? You, Noah Michael, are enough. You bring enough blessing, enough laughter, enough joy, enough sharpening. My prayer today is that God will bring you blessing, laughter, joy, and sharpening in a brother or sister. From the moment we saw you--8 cells strong--to the moment we held you--8 lbs. strong--we have loved you. And we love you so very much, Goosey, forever and ever.
xoxoxo
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment