Saturday, February 13, 2010

Angel Kisses

When Gabe was born, one of the things I noticed was two areas on his face--they are little blood vessels in a group visible throug the skin.  He has one area on his eyelid; the other area in between his eyes.  You can see them somewhat in these pictures:

  I have received several comments on both his eye and forehead, and I have to admit being bothered by said comments.  Finally, a friend from church was holding Gabe and mentioned that her daughter had the same thing when she was born.  I asked her what it was, and she said, "I call them angel kisses."  I decided that I would, too, for he had two angels kiss him good-bye before I was able to kiss him hello. . .


When I look at his sweet face, I am reminded of his two other siblings.  Sometimes, I feel sad, but mostly, I am thankful.  I was so afraid of forgetting about these two lives--that we would get busy with life and not remember--but Gabe's face, kissed by two sweet angels, brings me such peace.  And hope . . .

1 comment: